Helpful Info for Photographer Resellers
1. Photo Composition
One thing to be mindful of when using your images inside of Journey Lockets is the shape of the locket and the composition of the photograph. All images start rectangular. None of our lockets are rectangular, so that means that every image must be cropped. Shots that are taken farther away work best for all lockets. We crop in and make the image look the best possible for the locket shape that is chosen.
Square Lockets: Most images will work for a square, as long as it is not too close up. You can upload images cropped into a square.
Round Lockets: Round is a bit more tricky. For multiple people, their heads must be close together. Images for round lockets are best when taken farther away. Picture having to draw a circle around what you want in the locket. If your subjects are spread out in the rectangle of the image, then you will have white space above and below the edges of the image, which is not ideal.
Oval Lockets: Vertical Photographs work best for oval lockets usually. Once again, the shot cannot be too tight. The beveled edges of the lockets blur what is behind them, so the subjects need to be centered in the shape as much as possible.
Download our Photoshop Guide for images and locket shapes. (coming soon)
**TIP** You can also use this file to show your clients a virtual preview what their images will look like in the locket styles. Instructions are in the file.
2. Presenting to Your Clients
Here are some ideas on how to introduce your clients to Journey Lockets.
- If you host a viewing session for your clients, print out locket insert proofs of your favorite images and display the images of their session in the sample lockets. Have the jewelry on a table near by for them to see when they come into the studio for the viewing session. If they see their beautiful images in the lockets, it helps them realize these make amazing gifts.
- If you only have online viewing sessions, use our Photoshop File to drop client images into the template images of the lockets. This will create a virtual personalized locket for them to see when they view their gallery. You can save these images as jpegs and upload them to their gallery.
3. Gifting Journey Lockets
- Consider gifting your very best clients with something as special as a Journey Locket. Many of our baby photographers will gift their "Growing Package" clients who spend regularly with monthly/quarterly sessions as they grow. If you have a program for these types of clients, you could gift a locket and provide prints from each monthly/quarterly session.
- For Bridal Photographers, you can gift a locket to your client as a thank you for choosing you to photograph their wedding. Surprise her with 2 gorgeous images from her wedding day.
4. Packaging Products
Another way to incorporate Journey Lockets into your business, is to make this one of the products that is a part of your highest level packages. I would suggest including 6 images to be made into inserts that would come with the locket. This will give your client different photo options to wear inside of the locket. Ladies love that you are able to change out all of their favorite images, so more is better.